Cultural Human Resources Council
$300k+ immediately available for student internships for cultural sector establishments!
The Student Work Placement (SWP) program supports cultural sector employers in hiring post-secondary students with wage subsidies of 75% of the full wage cost to a maximum of $7,500 per placement. With supplemental funding from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), CHRC is offering a new round of internships for students of all academic fields to gain work experience.
Subsidies are available for internships starting soon or already under way. Subsidies can be awarded retroactively dating back to June 4th, 2021. Funding ends on April 30th, 2022.
The subsidy application is completed in 20 minutes (with an existing job/position description) and our response time is 14 days (or less) for completed applications.
In short, the three key evaluation criteria are:
- The employer must be an establishment in the cultural sector (profit or non-profit).
- The student must be enrolled in a post-secondary program and must be eligible to work in Canada.
- The job description should be related to the student's field of study and thus enable the student to apply his/her knowledge and/or allow the student to develop skills for the labour market.
We invite you to apply through our Employer Intake Form.
Some further details
- Government levels (federal, provincial, municipal) are not eligible for the program.
- Students can be full-time or part-time, all programs and fields of study are eligible.
- Alone or in combination with another federal program, the subsidy threshold of 75% per internship must not be exceeded.
- In order to complete your application quickly, have in mind the total number of hours of the internship and the student's gross hourly wage (rate per hour), CHRC will do the calculations!
- If you do not have a full job description, at least have a list of expected tasks and/or a list of skills that will be useful and/or a list of skills that your trainee will develop.
For more information or to participate in our information sessions, please contact a Communications and Administration Officer.
Sofia Downing, email@example.com
Audrey Séguin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frédérique Coulaud, email@example.com